Monday, December 6, 2010

Using Leftover Turkey: Day ? - Corned Beef

It's been a while, but we got a new addition Friday night so I've been a little busy. My aunt had a baby........YAY! My family is very close so I had A LOT of stuff going on. We had the baby and a 2nd birthday this weekend. I had a super busy day at church yesterday and I'm on newborn and babysitting duty for the rest of the week. Needless to say, I been busy but I wanted to share something with you.

I ended up making turkey salad out the rest of the leftover because we've been so busy. I'll post the pics later when I get back home. Most people think that turkey salad tastes just like chicken salad, that's not true. In my family we smoke all our turkeys and one had a jerk rubbed on the outside, so it had a very different taste.

Corned Beef
What does corned beef have to do with leftover turkey? Great question. Well I used my delicious turkey stock as the cooking liquid for my corned beef. I made my corned beef in 45 mins in the greatest cooking device ever.............the electric pressure cooker.
I love this thing. LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I have always been afraid of pressure cookers because they can explode but I don't have to worry about that this puppy. It has a built in safety precaution that doesn't allow the unit to be opened if there's any pressure built up inside so I don't have to worry about opening it too soon and having corned beef on my ceiling. If you don't have a pressure cooker you should definitely get one of these and they're relatively cheap. On Overstock they start at $45.

If I get a chance to make something cool this week I'll do another post but right now I'm not entirely sure that's going to happen. I want to make some liquid laundry soap this week but we'll see.

Until next time,
Kellan

No comments:

Post a Comment