Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Quick Health Tip

Hi Guys, 

So as you know I've been actively working on losing weight. I haven't weighed myself in a while but at last weigh in I had lost about 10 lbs. I'm definitely seeing a difference in my appearance and my family has been seeing the difference (great for my ego). Anyways, I've been really working on being healthier so I've made some life changes and picked up some new habits. One of my new habits is going to Bikram Yoga, which is AWESOME. I've really been enjoying it. I've taken to eating a mostly organic diet, which is a little difficult because I'm trying to do it as inexpensively as possible but I'm making good progress. I'll give some specific examples in next week, I'm trying to compile at least a week worth of real life examples and costs. 

A quick health tip I recently learned is that the number of ounces of water that a person is supposed to consume in a day should equal half their body weight. About 20% of that water comes from your food if you eat a healthy diet. Did you know that? I sure didn't. So for me, I would need to consume about 100 oz of water in a day. That's a lot, but I've come up with a great way to space it out so that I can get it all in. Pray for me, it's not easy.

There will be some new tutorials coming up in the upcoming week. Since we now have a video camera, I felt that I should actually use it. So I did an experiment, video taped it, and was almost finished editing it when my husband watched it. I, of course, usually do experiments while he's at work and we don't have any kids, which means I don't have anyone to hold the camera, so I'm not actually seen in any of the video. He didn't like that. He wants it to be absolutely perfect for you guys so I have to start over with his assistance. 

Until next time, 
Kellan

No comments:

Post a Comment